Featured Post

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
gary

Featured Post

Post by gary »

So far I love this software and am looking forward to spending a lot of time with it.

I have a category for a project that requires many posts. I want to always show the same first post for announcements and a table of contents for the posts that follow.

Is there a way to do this?

thanx -gary-
yellowled
Regular

Re: Featured Post

Post by yellowled »

gary wrote:I have a category for a project that requires many posts. I want to always show the same first post for announcements and a table of contents for the posts that follow.
You can achieve the “featured post” (we call it “sticky entry”, because it sticks to the top of the list of entries) in any s9y blog by installing the plugin “Extended properties for entries” and enabling/using it's option “Mark this entry as a Sticky Post”.

However, for a “classic” featured entry, you're going to have to use a template which supports a magazine-like layout. Those usually include a start page like you described. Options available include templates available on spartacus like Mimbo, Mo3 or Plus 9. Also, there's Don's commercial template Kinetic, which also offers a lot of other magazine-like options.

YL
gary

Re: Featured Post

Post by gary »

thanx a bunch. You gave me the nails so I'm gonna start hammering away.