Links in Template [SOLVED]

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
nuTux
Regular

Links in Template [SOLVED]

Post by nuTux »

Für Deutsch siehe unten

<english>
Hi everyone

I just installed serendipity an really like, the simpleness and the clean templates.
There is only one issue. How cann I direct one of this navigationlinks to a specific category?

Thanks for your help
</english>

<german>
Hallo alle zusammen

Ich habe gerade serendipity installiert und finde es grossartig, die einfache Bedienung und die sauberen Templates. Da gibt es leider ein kleines Problem, wie kann ich die in der Navigationsliste vorhandenen Links auf eine spezifische Kategorie verlinken??

Vielen Dank für eure Hilfe
</german>
Last edited by nuTux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Links in Template

Post by yellowled »

nuTux wrote:I just installed serendipity an really like, the simpleness and the clean templates.
There is only one issue. How cann I direct one of this navigationlinks to a specific category?
(Please do not mix German and English in forum posts. Either post in German in the German subforum or in English.)

It depends on which template you're using and if you changed the permalink structure. Usually, the URL to a specific category is YOUR_DOMAIN/categories/ID-CATEGORY_NAME. It should suffice to use /categories/ID-CATEGORY_NAME as the navlink URL. How to add that depends on your template, if it's using theme options, you could find a nice interface to add navigation link there. If not, you'd most likely have to edit the index.tpl.

YL
nuTux
Regular

Post by nuTux »

Sorry didn't see the german subfoum, I'll stick to english ;)

Ok some more details, I use the bulletproof template, as you probably know, there are these settings where you can add new Links to the naviagiton.

I didn't change them permalinks settings.

If i just add the "/categories/ID-CATEGORY_NAME" then I don't get "page not found"...
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

nuTux wrote:If i just add the "/categories/ID-CATEGORY_NAME" then I don't get "page not found"...
You do realize you have to replace ID and CATEGORY_NAME by actual values for a valid category in your blog, right? If so, it would really help to have a live URL to the blog in question to see what might be going wrong there. Is your base url set in the configuration? (Administration/Configuration in the backend.)

YL
nuTux
Regular

Post by nuTux »

Yes I do know that i have to replace this with acctual vlaues ^^

Ok, so here is the Blog: http://www.nutux.ch

The Links in the navigationsbar should point to the Categorys in the right panel.

At the Path Settings i changed "URL to Blog" to "http://www.nutux.ch"
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

nuTux wrote:The Links in the navigationsbar should point to the Categorys in the right panel.
I was assuming you had URL rewriting set up which doesn't seem to be the case. (You definitely should use URL rewriting if your server/webspace supports it.)

If you can't or won't use URL rewriting, you need to use the URLs used in the sidebar plugin (they will automagically change if you activate rewriting, however), so as of now, the proper URL for the Photography category is /index.php?/categories/1-Photography

YL
nuTux
Regular

Post by nuTux »

After some problems with URL rewriting (had to activate some options via support from hoster) It now works fine with the naigation links.

Thank you for the help