Duplicate Meta Descriptions and Title tags

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
grantluc
Regular

Duplicate Meta Descriptions and Title tags

Post by grantluc »

I use Serendipity as it is the default blog that comes with RVsitebuilder the web creation software that came with my CPanel. I have found it very easy to use and am now happily underway blogging for the first time. As I am new to such things it has taken a while but I have now noticed that my Google webmaster tools indicate that I have many duplicate Meta descriptions and title tags on my website. I have checked and they come from my Serendipity blog entries. I have looked through the options available in my admin panel and I cannot seem to find where I can alter these. I suspect that there must be a "master" file supplying this information and I am hoping there is a way to edit these archived entries and stop the new entries from multiplying this error. Can anyone please help... I am reluctant to post any more until I sort this out as duplicate entries will hurt my Google ranking :cry:
yellowled
Regular

Re: Duplicate Meta Descriptions and Title tags

Post by yellowled »

grantluc wrote:I use Serendipity as it is the default blog that comes with RVsitebuilder
Unfortunately, we can not offer support for any blog built using RVsitebuilder. They use their own customized version of s9y, but since their changes are not open sourced, we have no idea what their customizations actually are.

YL
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Please read http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14968, which "might" help.
Also perform a google search with "Google webmaster tools duplicate Meta descriptions and title tags".

We would really like you to stick with Serendipity, but not RvSitebuilder, which we can't support due to said reasons. The best in this case ist using a vanilla serendipity install and start from scratch. This is possible on these systems as we have heard by others.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
grantluc
Regular

Post by grantluc »

Thanks for the info. I had no ides that this was a customised version. I actually did extensive Google searches on the subject before deciding to go to the source & sign up with this forum. Not much available information for Serendipity but quite a few similar problems with Wordpress and solutions for it. It seems I will have to go to Rvsitebuilder & see what suggestions they have. I love how Serendipity made it so easy to start blogging and have no intention of trying something else. I will see if I can sort out the maze of interconnectedness & perhaps try the Vanilla re-install (if I can through the Cpanel interface) as recommended. The problem is that each piece of software came bundled with other software embedded/ bundled in it & it is hard to distinguish where problems come from.
grantluc
Regular

Post by grantluc »

I joined up with the RVsitebuilder forum & they have informed me that it is a bug & there will be a fix & update soon....