Adding 'Movie' content to my blog

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
legin

Adding 'Movie' content to my blog

Post by legin »

How do I or can I, add quicktime movies to my blog?

Do I need to upgrade? My blog say's it's powered by 1.1.2 and PHP 5.2.13 which I assume is the basic version.

Now, I'm totally clueless regarding web technicalities (though gradually learning) so any help would be appreciated - in simple language please.

Cheers
yellowled
Regular

Re: Adding 'Movie' content to my blog

Post by yellowled »

legin wrote:Do I need to upgrade? My blog say's it's powered by 1.1.2 and PHP 5.2.13 which I assume is the basic version.
Unrelated to adding movies, you most definitely want to upgrade this to the current 1.5.5 if only for security reasons.

There's an event plugin which adds extra buttons to the S9y entry editor which also includes a button for inserting YouTube videos. As long as you don't have any concerns about hosting videos on YouTube, I guess this is the easiest way to do it.

If for some reason you don't want to use YouTube, I'm afraid you'll have to learn quite a bit.

YL
legin

Post by legin »

Thanks a lot for the info, will upgrade ASAP. About to add content to Utube, so no problem there. This leads to another question. Is upgrading to the latest version an easy process and will my content be safe in transit?

Many thanks
sonichouse
Regular

Post by sonichouse »

legin wrote:Is upgrading to the latest version an easy process and will my content be safe in transit?
Upgrading is a simple process, just read the FAQ twice before you proceed.
Steve is occasionally blogging here
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

legin wrote:Is upgrading to the latest version an easy process and will my content be safe in transit?
Basically: Yes, of course. Please consult the documentation on http://s9y.org prior to the update, you should find any info on upgrading there.

YL
legin

Post by legin »

Thanks guy's - much appreciated.