Godaddy Suspended my account, high utilizaton of plugins

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
rj
Regular

Godaddy Suspended my account, high utilizaton of plugins

Post by rj »

Boy what a horrible email I just got, and a worse phone conversation.
Godaddy has suspended my account for what they say is "high utilization of scripts".

ON the phone they say it is not about graphic directories but probably plugins.

And it takes 72 hours to get back up even if I find what the problem is.
I do have FTP.
Any ideas? Any history of this happening to others?

HELP!

RJ

Godaddy.com
It has come to our attention that your hosting account for sixties60s.com is causing an overload of the shared resources on this server. This, in turn, affects the usage of the server by other customers. To protect the overall health of the server, we have suspended your account; however, FTP access is still enabled.

Unfortunately, we are not able to troubleshoot custom scripting, and therefore, we are not able to provide specific solutions. However, the following files have been accessed the most, and should be a starting point for further troubleshooting. Keep in mind, these files may not be the root cause of this issue.

3175 rackjite.com/authors/1-Rack-Jite/
2415 rackjite.com/authors/1-Rack-Jite/Texas
1893 rackjite.com/authors/48-Newscat/Argument
1309 rackjite.com/index.php?/plugin/livecomment
1276 rackjite.com/index.php?/plugin/jquery.js
1184 rackjite.com/serendipity.css?url=/serendipity.css
1011 rackjite.com/archives/fbapix.gif?url=/archive
971 rackjite.com/swfobject.js
872 rackjite.com/logo/texasgun100.jpg
871 rackjite.com/logo/jesusfun.jpg

Additionally, other causes to this issue can include, but are not limited to, non-optimized scripts, high traffic, form spamming, etc.

It has also come to our attention that your sixties60s.com hosting account currently has an improper directory structure. More specifically, the following directories have greater than 1,024 files:

1253 - /html/webkick/graphics/
1415 - /html/webkick/uploads/

The amount of files in this directory is causing an issue with backing up your account, as well as maintenance operations on the shared server. Each directory should have a maximum of 1,024 files. Any more than this can cause file system latency and slowness when accessing FTP and hosting from the Web.

We respectfully request that by XXXTIMEFRAMEXXX you reduce your directories to have no more than 1024 files.

If this is not completed by then, we will have to bring the directories into compliance on your behalf. Additionally, we ask that any scripts that automatically create these files be optimized to not create more than this amount. Please note, further excessive directory structures could be subject to an account suspension.
Once you have identified the cause of the issue, please reply directly to this email with the steps taken to resolve the issue. If you are not able to resolve this issue, you should then consider the need to upgrade to a Dedicated Server.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Godaddy Suspended my account, high utilizaton of plugins

Post by yellowled »

rj wrote:Any ideas?
Get decent hosting (can't suggest anything, sorry), move your blog there, cancel your GoDaddy account.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

The livecomment-plugin in combination with very much traffic and many commenters probably can cause quite some load - depending on the method you use. The jquery-method is fast and shouldn't be noteable on the server.
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Post by kleinerChemiker »

yellowled wrote:
rj wrote:Any ideas?
Get decent hosting (can't suggest anything, sorry), move your blog there, cancel your GoDaddy account.

YL
This was, what I wanted to write too, but then thought it dont help much ;)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I need to fully agree with YellowLED. Get a proper server for your blog if it is causing that much traffic; shared accounts are not made to handle any large site, no matter if its Wordpress, Typo3, or whatever.

Also GoDaddy has dedicated servers I guess. Maybe they can make you a special offer.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
rj
Regular

Post by rj »

Thanx for all the replies!
It was a matter of traffic on a $8 a month shared server. Getting about 4000 page views a day plus I am serving some flv videos, one of which used up 300gigs in ONE DAY. A fluke to be sure, but it raised all the red flag$ at Godaddy.

Be down for a few days learning the curve.
For anyone interested Godaddy VALUE plan for a dedicated server is $1500 for two years up front.
$63 a month. I looked around and that seems the cheapest I could find. And good phone service.
600HD
1000BD.
dual core 2 2.2
2 RAM

Thanx again

RJ

PS: Traffic built up partly because of layout. I talked to some others (WP people) and it seems that the best layout is FIXED 1024, with the content left, a right bar of 300 and another right bar of 150.