Profile plugin

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
MadFly
Regular

Profile plugin

Post by MadFly »

Hi

Is there somewhere a plugin which will allow authors to create a profile on a blog? With a profile picture and so on. So that if you click on an author's name, it goes to the profile page, displaying the profile picture and all other details the author filled in.

And perhaps show the profile picture and name of author on each entry of the author?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Profile plugin

Post by yellowled »

MadFly wrote:Is there somewhere a plugin which will allow authors to create a profile on a blog? With a profile picture and so on.
User Profiles (serendipity_event_userprofiles)

Shows simple user profiles and allows to embed author pictures.
Available on/via Spartacus.

This is the „internal“ solution for this. Other than that, you could also use the Gravatar plugin for the profile pictures and handle the profiles as entries in a hidden category or static pages, I guess.
MadFly wrote:And perhaps show the profile picture and name of author on each entry of the author?
Not sure about that, but it might require a little customization in your template. You might want to check if the plugin suits your needs first.

YL
MadFly
Regular

Post by MadFly »

RIght. Got it working

Thanks
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Hello!

I have installed the currend User Profile plug-in and also uploaded a test picture to /img.
Problem:
The profile doesn't turn up when I call an entry at the blog. I also can't find an option to turn on/off the User Profile (I have set it under "user Profiles" in teh admin panel andf have included the CSS code for the image).

Do I have to include certain code into the templates (I assume)? Which? I couldn'd find information on this, sorry.

Example:
http://juggerblog.net/index.php?/archiv ... mpion.html
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Yeah, Jugger :)

If my impression is correct, the userprofile plugin is a bit dated, though it seems to be smartified and its code not a mess, so one can probably work with it. In a sourcecode comment it is stated the code to insert the user profile picture is {$entry.authorpic}. That doesn't work for me. I have to change manually line 107 from

Code: Select all

$propbag->add('scrambles_true_content', true);
to

Code: Select all

$propbag->add('scrambles_true_content', false);
to see a picture in every entry. The whole profile on my testblog is only shown on the author-page, like on http://www.juggerblog.net/index.php?/au ... -Uhu-Admin.

Note that the picture has to be placed as yourtemplate/img/realname.jpg, the realname-part could be a surprise.

Hope that helps. If not, I hope that Garvin can help a bit more. Otherwise, you might want to explain what exactly you want to display where, maybe we can find another way to achieve that.
regards
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Thanks, I will try that. Also thanks to the tip with the Username (the filename is even case-sensitive).
I will try the coding tip!

Another issue:
It would be perfect to display author pictures )or another author picture) only in the author description, id est only at the top of "Entries of author XY"
and ideally at the footer when displaying a single entry.
So not with every article over and over again.
Any code at hand for this?
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport