Post to blog from phone

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Oddgeir

Post to blog from phone

Post by Oddgeir »

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a way to post on a serendipity blog from a mobile phone? In this case - HTC Hero (android OS). Preferably by a specialized app, but other ways (except logging on via the "normal" way) are good as well.

Thank you for any answers.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Post to blog from phone

Post by yellowled »

Oddgeir wrote:I was just wondering if there is a way to post on a serendipity blog from a mobile phone? In this case - HTC Hero (android OS). Preferably by a specialized app, but other ways (except logging on via the "normal" way) are good as well.
1. Event plugin "Phoneblogz" (serendipity_event_phoneblogz): Apparently an interface to an external service which enables blogging from a mobile phone. No idea how it works :lol:

2. Then there's the event plugin "POPfechter" (serendipity_event_popfetcher) which enables blogging via email.

Not using android OS myself, I have no idea whether there are blogging apps.

YL
rowi
Regular

Post by rowi »

The obvious way is to use the usual webinterface, the chrome lite browser of android renders it perfectly and javascript elements work, too.
However, the webinterface wasn't designed with mobile device in mind when it comes to the overall layout. "There's room for improvement"...

Using email works but lacks nearly all options. You write a text and that's it.

Phoneblogz is for voicepostings. That's a nice option for special causes but not what you normally want.

There are blogging apps in the market but as I've seen alls for Wordpress.
I tried "wpToGo" which is even among the "Featured Apps". It seems quite generic looking at the settings, it mainly asks for the URL of the xmlrpc.php.
Since there's a xmlrpc Plugin for S9y I tried that but without luck. The app obviously receives a '500' error which means 'internal server error' as it complains ("500 != 200").
Since I haven't used xmlrpc yet in my blog and the server also runs an old php Version this could very well be an error at the server my blog runs on.

Maybe someone can give answer whether Wordpress style is supported by the serendipity_event_xmlrpc plugin. The description says MT and Blogger API is supported but I don't know what Wordpress uses.

I could try on another blog if someone would create a testaccount for me.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

rowi wrote:However, the webinterface wasn't designed with mobile device in mind when it comes to the overall layout. "There's room for improvement"...
Hm, if I ever found the time to really read into CSS for mobile devices, it should be possible to add some mobile styles. Unfortunately, the possibilities to actually change the emitted HTML in the backend are very limited, and I'm not sure whether a table layout (like the backend currently uses) is suited for mobile styles ...

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

That's why I made a div-layout...
sincerely
johnreynolds10

Post by johnreynolds10 »

Gee! I've been looking for this info. I always want to blog from phone and I can't seem to find a solution that works. Thanks for this post.
Learn and hear a different type of music. Know more about Indie