multi user

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
jami

multi user

Post by jami »

Hello,
Serendipity looks for me pretty nice but i'm still not sure if users can create their own blog? I mean something like wordpress multi user or blogger.com
Thanks for answer
Jami
judebert
Regular

Re: multi user

Post by judebert »

Serendipity supports multiple authors within a single blog. There is a plugin that provides a different appearance depending on category; therefore obtaining a multi-user look is as simple as having each author post in a different category and installing the plugin.

We think that centralized responsibility -- a single admin author, with multiple contributing authors -- is the best way to run a blog. It's a lot more secure than allowing multiple admins to control the blog.

However, we also allow a "shared" install. This allows for multiple blogs connected to a common code base. Each author can modify his own configuration and plugin settings, pulling from a common pool of available plugins, but their entries are entirely unrelated. The supersized.org site runs a shared install. It's not a common setup, and it's not an option in the installer. For more information, check out http://s9y.org/41.html.

We find that most users simply want a different appearance for each author in a common set of entries. The category template plugin provides that functionality, and it's available in a standard, supported installation.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal