comment limit

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
rj
Regular

comment limit

Post by rj »

Just as I began getting comments they complain that they can only comment or reply once per article. To make another reply they have to reload the page. They are fighting! Which is good! But they want to reply to each other over and over again and are not allowed.
I suppose the 1 comment (reply) limit is about spam protection but I need to take the chance and turn it off if possible... I need to let users comment as much as they want under each article without reloading which they tell me they find ULTIMATELY ANNOYING!! :)
thanx
RJ
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: comment limit

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

You need to edit your entries.tpl file. There you can see severl checks like {if $is_comment_added}. If you add this code just below the $CONST.COMMENT_ADDED} output, you should get the commentform on that page:

Code: Select all

{if $is_comment_added}

<br />
                <div class="serendipity_center serendipity_msg_notice">{$CONST.COMMENT_ADDED}</div>

<br />
                <div class="serendipity_section_commentform">
                        <div class="serendipity_commentsTitle">{$CONST.ADD_COMMENT}</div>
                        {$COMMENTFORM}
                                </div>
(You could also adjust the if/else-logic, but since that is more to explain, I told you the easier way [which has duplicate code].

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
rj
Regular

Re: comment limit

Post by rj »

Ah!!

That did it! Boy oh boy... thanks a bunch Garvin!