Using desktop client against s9, anyone?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Mekk
Regular

Using desktop client against s9, anyone?

Post by Mekk »

Is anybody using a desktop client to write entries on serendipity blog? Which one?

(I know that there are a lot of them, just don't have time for detailed testing of all...)

PS I am writing both from Linux and Windows, so recommendations for both would be welcome
scottblitz
Regular

Post by scottblitz »

For Windows I use BlogDesk - it works flawlessly with both Serendipity and WordPress. It's a joy to use.

blogdesk.org

SB
moenk
Regular

Post by moenk »

Thanks for mentioning this topic - i didn't know yet that there is something like a tool for external blogging anyway.
CMS mit S9Y: MCSE - LPIC - SQL - GIS
Mekk
Regular

Post by Mekk »

As a followup, let me note, that I tried ~ 10 different clients and the only one which more-or-less works for me is BlogJet. Simple combination of requirements:

- allow draft posting,
- handle extended entry,
- have GUI editor but generate clean HTML,
- connect via SSL to my website which uses self-signed certificate,
- allow draft editing and republishing,
- handle Flickr images inclusion,
- be reasonably stable,

eliminates most of the tools. Still, I am not 100% happy with BlogJet. I saw some interesting ideas in Zoundry Raven (like link database to pick from while writing, or publishing images to Flickr) but it massacres HTML (and IIRC does not publish as draft).
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Mekk wrote:- handle extended entry,
- have GUI editor but generate clean HTML,
If I'm not mistaken, these two requirements alone will eliminate the majority of external blogging tools. Generating clean HTML seems to be extremely difficult for WYSIWYG editors.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the SSL requirement elminiated the majority of the remainder, but that's not as common a requirement as these two.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal