Rotating banner?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Brian1969
Regular

Rotating banner?

Post by Brian1969 »

Hello,

I just installed Serendipity a few days ago, and I love it! I have been able to figure out most of the things that make it tick (it's easier as heck to work with, a big plus!).

However, I was wondering if it's possible to somehow put a rotating banner script at the top right (next to the logo)? Is there some type of plugin for that and I just haven't seen it (I apologize in advance if that's the case...I looked, but didn't see anything!)?

Can anyone help me out? I was able to place a regular banner at the top of the page (amazon), but I guess I'm looking for some type of banner management script.

Thanks in advance!
Brian
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Rotating banner?

Post by garvinhicking »

There currently is no banner plugin for that.

Using the Smarty templating system you can add your banner quite easily into the index.tpl file of your template directory. You could also create a Smarty function for the banner, or a Serendipity Plugin to go with.

If you know some PHP, go with the Smarty/Plugin stuff (and read our docs and look at all our plugins for good examples). If you only know some basic HTML, stick to the index.tpl solution and hope that someone somewhen implements a banner management :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Brian1969
Regular

Thanks

Post by Brian1969 »

I figured out how to add a single banner, so I think I will just stick with that for now. I know zip about PHP, so I'm not going to even attempt it! :lol:

I tinkered a little yesterday with some html code, but couldn't make it work, so I'll just stick with the one banner thing for now, and utilize the HTML Nugget features for the sidebars instead.

Thanks for your help!
Brian