transferring blog entries from another system (like blosxom)

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
klassa

transferring blog entries from another system (like blosxom)

Post by klassa »

I'd like to give serendipity a whirl, but have a couple of years worth of existing content in blosxom. Is there an existing mechanism for sucking everything over into serendipity?

Thanks.
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

There's a RSS import function, but I have never used it, so I don't know if it works or not. Give it a try and tell me :)
tim

Truly wonderful blog soft but..

Post by tim »

I am a movable type user.
It has problems.

1) It uses perl and not php. I don't care about the merits of either but php is winning and I have software in php that I cannot do without so php has got to be the way forward for me.

2) It does not deal with Japanese well (I will come back to that on a seperate thread)

However, as the poster of this thread asks, what about importation of other blog soft contents? You are all well aware that this wonderful software is still far less popular than say Movable Type. It seems to be vastly superiour to movable type. But in order for us myriads of users to move to serendipity we need import capabilities.

The moment that such is created (or perhaps made public) then your share of the blog world will increase rapidly.

Tim
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

you are right tim. does movabletype have rss features? if so, rss import SHOULD work. we'd have to ask Sterling though, as he implemented this.