About Me - Bio section

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
mbrachsmith

About Me - Bio section

Post by mbrachsmith »

Is there a way to add a bio section to the blog on the sidebar. I have been looking and am not sure how to do this. I figure there is a plug-in to install...but am not seeing anything that is quite what I am looking for. I just want to add a short bio to my blog and a picture under it. when people click on "About Me"...it would take them to a page that has this information. Thanks for any help that you can give!
micsmith
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

There are a few templates that have this functionality built into them... unfortunately, I cannot recall any specific template names.

In general terms, you could install a HTML nugget (add new sidebar plugin) and place whatever content in it you want. If that was a brief snippet of info, and you wanted an additional detailed page, you would install the static page plugin and create a static page with more detailed info. Your html nugget would then contain your link of "about me" which you would then point to your newly created static page.
=Don=
dom97
Regular

Post by dom97 »

I just have a link to a blog entry. One link at the top of the main page and another on the side bar.
clintre

Post by clintre »

You can also use the "Static Page" plugin for things like this.
schimanke
Regular

Post by schimanke »

I have installed the serendipity_plugin_imagesidebar plugin. It lets you display a picture in the sidebar along with some additional text. You can see it in my blog on the top right under the topic "Autor der Seite". From there I link to a static page (you will need the static pages plugin) where visitors can gain more information about me. It is quite similar to Don's suggestions. Maybe that will help you.