How do I Embed HTML/Javascript on Each Entry?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
TKS
Regular

How do I Embed HTML/Javascript on Each Entry?

Post by TKS »

The question is the subject of this post. I've been looking in my individual themes' entries.tpl file but that doesn't look like the best place for things and if it IS the best place for things, I'm not sure the proper format to place it in there.

I'd like to have an area in each entry where I can embed HTML or Javascript at the end of an entry in extended view.
Last edited by TKS on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

Also...a note. I don't want this via html nugget solution...that space is occupied already and would not be a good utilization of space if put in the sidebars.
chickens
Regular

Post by chickens »

When I put text ads between my entries and comments I added it to entries.tpl. You can see my current entries.tpl in the pastebin below. I've currently got the ads commented out due to the fact they were not making any money for me.

Anyway, the positioning I used should be good for you. I am using bulletproof, so it will probably differ from your template. Just do a search for google and you will see the ads.

http://zac.pastebin.com/m23025815
chickens
Regular

Post by chickens »

now that I am thinking about it, my ads were on the index page as well. So, if you want the javascirpt to only display on the extended entires page you would need to play it above where I did.