Media db positioning

Mark threads with "[2.0]" for discussions about features in the longer-term future, "[1.6]" is for short-term. This is not the place for general discussions or plugin or template requests. Only features that are approved to happen by the core team should be listed here for better structuring.
yellowled
Regular

Media db positioning

Post by yellowled »

As of now, the media db offers 3 types of positioning: left, center, right (exact code and class names depending on whether and image has a caption). I think we should offer a 4th type: none or static.

There's nothing wrong with left or right, but center isn't actually centered unless the template fixes it. This isn't actually bad since the respective demo image in the media db doesn't show the image as centered -- it is aligned left, but not floated. I think this is a valid display option, but the respective class should not be called .serendipity_image_center. That is potentiall confusing.

Then again, it is perfectly valid to want to be able to actually display images centered, so we should offer that as a fourth option. Hope I didn't confuse anybody too much with this. :)

YL
yellowled
Regular

Re: Media db positioning

Post by yellowled »

yellowled wrote:There's nothing wrong with left or right, but center isn't actually centered unless the template fixes it.
Just for the record: This, of course, refers to images without caption. Images with caption are centered by our default styles, which is even more confusing. :)

YL