[1.6] Article Templates

Mark threads with "[2.0]" for discussions about features in the longer-term future, "[1.6]" is for short-term. This is not the place for general discussions or plugin or template requests. Only features that are approved to happen by the core team should be listed here for better structuring.
rowi
Regular

[1.6] Article Templates

Post by rowi »

Hi,
please add article-templates.

I have some article series where I wirte an article every month/week which alwas share the same layout. Currently I copy'n'paste my baselayout to a new article of the series and add the content of the week/month.

It would be great if I could simply mark an article as template and choose it from a drop-down list if I create a new article.

Additional features could be some fieldnames with Articlenumber in total and within the series and saving the data of plug-ins like freetag or geotag.
yellowled
Regular

Re: [1.6] Article Templates

Post by yellowled »

rowi wrote:I have some article series where I wirte an article every month/week which alwas share the same layout. Currently I copy'n'paste my baselayout to a new article of the series and add the content of the week/month.
So you mean an HTML "blueprint" for an article which can be saved as a preset and filled with content, right?

I have to say, I don't really consider this a useful feature for more than a small group of users, so it should probably be implemented as a plugin.

YL
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

The article-series-plugin seems like a good place for this. Though i don't know how the code of that plugin is.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

serendipity_event_includeentry provides templates and re-usable code blocks...

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

So this is a functionality we already have? Gosh, I love it when that happens. :)

BTW: Should we somehow tag obsolete threads in this forum?

YL
rowi
Regular

Post by rowi »

serendipity_event_includeentry really seems to do the job.

But I'd say the description needs to be rewritten, I had no idea what it does after reading the description in spartacus :shock:
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

rowi wrote:But I'd say the description needs to be rewritten, I had no idea what it does after reading the description in spartacus :shock:
Well, since you're testing it anyway, you might as well come up with a better description for it. :)

YL