Re: [1.6] API for DB upgrades in plugins [dev: garvin]
Well, if nobody else is starting, I'll do it then...
I asked Garvin having an API for DB upgrades in plugins in the future of serendipity german thread.
This is while I discovered some weired behaviours with some plugins over the past years.
Every plugin has its own methods to do an upgrade and not trying to fail. But this happens! Its hard to debug by the way. I definitely remember the statistic and the staticpage plugin failing in some cases.
What I would like to have is a more bulletproof method so we do not have to reinvent the wheel for every new plugin.
Hope that helps to explain what was my goal with my request.