Serendipity 1.0 Release Progress

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:05 am

I wonder if anyone else has realised we're gonna end up with a great collection of clipart... shame we can only have one logo, maybe we should stick the logo into a randomiser on the front page so we don't have to make a choice, lolololol

matsch
Regular

Post by matsch » Thu May 04, 2006 6:50 am

Hi,

When can we please have the final release of version 1.0? Which steps still have to be taken?

I am really anticipating it a lot. Please just chose some logo and put this thing to public.

Thanks and best regards,
Long-time-serendepity-user matsch

garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking » Thu May 04, 2006 11:08 am

Hi matsch!

Well, the current 1.0-beta is already quite usable, and if you fetch the SVN 1.0 branch you will get what we will release as 1.0 once we sorted out the remaining logo issues.

I know we are pretty slow on this, but it's also a big effort to combine everyones opinion and be just to all contributors. So please stay tuned. :)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

Archie

Post by Archie » Fri May 05, 2006 7:05 am

Great - I'm going to do just that!

We've been trying to use phpbb for our blog, only to realize that it doesn't appear to have any stable blog MODs. For us, your product appears to be the most appropriate choice by far. Postgres + Documentation + easy install , upgrade and admin + BSD License - you just can't beat this combo. (And I never even paid attention to the logo until you mentioned it. But now that you have mentioned it - I acutally like the logo. But I guess its a common thing among techies to like something that everybody else just can't digest! :)) )

Cheers

Archie
www.vikegear.org/blog

zoran
Regular

kubrick style issue?

Post by zoran » Mon May 15, 2006 9:04 pm

Just dropped by to compliment you on the hassle free upgrade :)

One thing I noticed with the Kubrick template was that the postmetadata class renders smaller now in FF (MSIE works like before).

Any ideas?

P.S.: Nice work on the branding. I'm sorry I could not spare the time to help out.