s9y v0.9-alpha4 initial install screen

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
gwilsonmail
Regular

s9y v0.9-alpha4 initial install screen

Post by gwilsonmail »

unziped and copied to a sub-directory under win2k running apache and php 4.3.4 (actually it's the environment created by MAMBO's standalone evaluation - neat app)

Opened the site and got the first install page.

Report tells me that /templates_c is not writable.

That's because it hasn't been created yet, but the hint it gives me is to chmod that directory - it should be telling me to create the directory first.
gw
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: s9y v0.9-alpha4 initial install screen

Post by garvinhicking »

The templates_c directory is part of the SVN repository and should appear in tarballs.

Depending on your extraction utility it might not create empty directories?! The code in fact tries to create the templates_c directory, so it might fail if the permission for the base directory are not set:

Code: Select all

// Attempt to create the template compile directory, it might already be there, but we just want to be sure
    if (!is_dir($_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE) && @mkdir($_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE, $umask) !== true) {
        $errs[] = sprintf(DIRECTORY_CREATE_ERROR, $_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_ARCHIVES);
        $errs[] = sprintf(DIRECTORY_RUN_CMD     , 'mkdir'      , $_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE);
        $errs[] = sprintf(DIRECTORY_RUN_CMD     , 'chmod go+rwx', $_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE);
    } elseif (is_dir($_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE) && !is_writeable($_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE) && @chmod($_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE, $umask) !== true) {
        $errs[] = sprintf(DIRECTORY_RUN_CMD     , 'chmod go+rwx', $_POST['serendipityPath'] . PATH_SMARTY_COMPILE);
    }
Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
gwilsonmail
Regular

Post by gwilsonmail »

The templates_c directory is part of the SVN repository and should appear in tarballs. Depending on your extraction utility it might not create empty directories?!
If you use WinZIP to extract the file from the tarball it DOES NOT create the empty directory. WinRAR works.
The code in fact tries to create the templates_c directory, so it might fail if the permission for the base directory are not set:
it's a windows environment so there are no chmod restrictions
gw