request for plugin configure display hook

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.

request for plugin configure display hook

Post by Guest »

It would be nice if there was a hook that allowed displaying of additional information on plugin configuration pages. I know I can add such a hook myself (and I have done so), but when I upgrade I will have to remember to do so again so that my custom plugins don't crap out.

Thanks.
kidgoo
Regular

Re: request for plugin configure display hook

Post by kidgoo »

Anonymous wrote:It would be nice if there was a hook that allowed displaying of additional information on plugin configuration pages. I know I can add such a hook myself (and I have done so), but when I upgrade I will have to remember to do so again so that my custom plugins don't crap out.

Thanks.
Hi,

Why not post a diff of your changes? I'm sure others would be interested in seeing what you've done, and maybe since it's a feature request and you've already written it, it'd be more likely to be adopted by one of the main developers...

Brett
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

There also is a method "example" that your plugin can implement which will print notes. Look at the emoticate plugin which uses that to output a list of emoticons :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

Post by Guest »

kidgoo wrote:Why not post a diff of your changes? I'm sure others would be interested in seeing what you've done, and maybe since it's a feature request and you've already written it, it'd be more likely to be adopted by one of the main developers...
You're right I should, but...
garvinhicking wrote:There also is a method "example" that your plugin can implement which will print notes. Look at the emoticate plugin which uses that to output a list of emoticons
...this probably is a better way to do it.

Thanks!