Known blocking issues for 2.1 beta?

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Known blocking issues for 2.1 beta?

Post by Don Chambers »

I cannot reproduce what is happening on your devblog. Entries_summary.tpl looks for the existence of $entry.body, $entry.extended or an entry specific image... if any of these exist, it will print the entry. If no image exists, but entry body or extended body exist, it will provide a substitute image.

Yours doesn't seem to print an entry unless an entry specific image is included in the entry...

So, your install does not see as true $entry.body or $entry.extended.

I can - and will - remove the condition. It served a purpose earlier in development but is not really necessary now. But I would like to understand why this is happening before eliminating the condition. Any ideas?

I am also getting an error when I try to see a detailed view of the one entry in your example that is printed in the summary.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Re: Known blocking issues for 2.1 beta?

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:If no image exists, but entry body or extended body exist, it will provide a substitute image.
Which it did not do in my case, either. (Yes, the substitute image exists and is readable in my dev blog.)
Don Chambers wrote:So, your install does not see as true $entry.body or $entry.extended.
It does not help to remove one of the three conditions, the only way to get the summary to show up is to remove the if-condition altogether. If I do remove the if-condition altogether, the truncated entry body (or extended body) is not emitted, only the (substitute) image and the rest of the entry data, but never the content. Not even if I remove the {if $entry.body}-condition around {$entry.body|strip_tags|truncate:180:" ..."}

However, if the timeline image is present, the truncated $entry.body is emitted. So for some reason, $entry.body is empty in summary view of the dev blog, but only if the timeline image is empty. This does not seem to be the case in your demo. I have no idea why this happens.
Don Chambers wrote:I am also getting an error when I try to see a detailed view of the one entry in your example that is printed in the summary.
I'll document that here, the error msg is

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Warning: Smarty Error: serendipity_smarty_getImageSize: file /uploads/matthias-mees.jpgNicht gefunden ' in /var/www/path/to/include/functions_smarty.inc.php:859 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: errorToExceptionHandler(512, 'Smarty Error: s...', '/var/www/virtua...', 859, Array) #1 /var/www/path/to/include/functions_smarty.inc.php(859): trigger_error('Smarty Error: s...', 512) #2 /var/www/path/to/templates_c/timeline/07/c9/39/07c9397a3731ba867cae456e43ddcd1145867d12_0.file.entries.tpl.php(232): serendipity_smarty_getImageSize(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #3 /var/www/path/to/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(371): content_575982516c1108_49771388(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /var/www/path/to/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(202): Smart in /var/www/path/to/include/functions_smarty.inc.php on line 859
Yes, the image does exist. It does work on the start page and in the entries summary, but throws this error in single entry view.

I wonder if all this might be related to the PHP version (5.6.21 here) or the fact that this is fast-cgi PHP, but unfortunately, I can not help with this any further. I've never experienced anything like this.

YL