Multiple Secure Blogs on a Single Page

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
zepher38

Multiple Secure Blogs on a Single Page

Post by zepher38 »

I don't know if this is the correct place for my script developer question, but here goes.

I've been tasked to build a web page for a large organization that wants several secured (needs a login to post) blogs on a single web page (index page).

The index page contains a blog for the VP to post information updates (at the top of the page) and 6 blogs for their associate VPs to post information. All blogs password protected individual logins, and all sized to fit on a single page, and the blog must expand if clicked on to see larger posts.

So from the index page they want to have blog information posted from their VP and AVPs.

The individual blogs should have headers with the names of the blog owners (VP/AVPs).

Can there be multiple instances of Serendipity on a page that will do what I'm looking for?

Thanks!
onli
Regular

Re: Multiple Secure Blogs on a Single Page

Post by onli »

Probably the easiest way to do that is to separate everything: Setup 6 single blogs. Then write a PHP application that builds the index page. That application can either use the rss feed of the single blogs, or access their database directly.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I'm wondering if this could be accomplished with authors and/or categories....
=Don=
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Probably. A combination of categories and individual accounts with the right permissions could support this as well. Would make it easier to code the index page from inside serendipity, if it can't even be done with category settings alone.