I want to clean up the index.php. Currently that file has 689 lines, a lot of repeated code, and not much structure. My goal is to:
1. make that file smaller. It is the central starting point of s9y, and should mainly delegate
2. remove unused code fragments, like in http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20465
3. remove unused urls – for example the archive/archives distinction seems strange to me, and did you know we had an overview page for commenters?
4. move the timebased calendar url structure into a plugin, or remove it
5. Make it more reliable and faster
6. To achieve 5, possible use a small routing framework (current favourite for that here: http://flightphp.com/) instead of our custom regex switch statement
My current progress lies under https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/blob ... /index.php, to get the idea where that is heading.
What I am asking now is:
1. Is there stuff in that file, currently under master, that is defunct?
2. Did you stumble upon s9y functionality that is unknow and probably supported there, like the commenter overview page?