collective thread: admin-area improvements

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
chrisbra
Regular

Re: collective thread: admin-area improvements

Post by chrisbra »

garvinhicking wrote:One thing that came to my mind: MAybe you could use the HTTP_Request method to open the URL? Currently this only works when PHP's allow_url_fopen wrappers are enabled. You could check the spartacus plugin for example on "HTTP_Request" for an example on how to make use of that method, if you'd have the time? (Which I'm lacking this week, sadly)

Thanks, I'll looking into that next week when I have more time.
stm999999999 wrote: would anyone be angry if I split this thread and branch off the detailed discussio into its own thread?
go ahead. I've been suggesting something like this before. Hopefully I'll find the thread again :?

regards,
Christian
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

As the current 2.0-development captures the essence of this thread (see http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17276), I disabled the sticky-bit.
artodeto
Regular

Post by artodeto »

My wife gave me that hint.
What about autocompletion (js based) in the tag section. The tags are already loaded in "#backend_freetag_list" so all that its left is to build up an js array and try to search in it when the user has entered at least two chars.

I only knew the jquery ui autocomplete [0] but i like the idea.

A easier thing would be, to add a "<br />" after the last tag of a char to have a new char started in a new line.

[0]
http://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/
bernd_d
Regular

Post by bernd_d »

artodeto wrote:What about autocompletion (js based) in the tag section. The tags are already loaded in "#backend_freetag_list" so all that its left is to build up an js array and try to search in it when the user has entered at least two chars.
serendipity_event_freetag already uses autocomplete. But (in my case) sometimes it doesn't seems to work, could be it depends on order of event-plugins, if it is working or not.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

It would be worth investigating why that fails. I guess that plugin needs a bit of work anyway?