Czech translations for some plugins

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
konus
Regular

Re: Czech translations for some plugins

Post by konus »

At the moment, I am unable to download the german lang-files of all "non intern" plugins and templates. As result, the programm thinks that erverything has to be translated. I will try again later to see if this is a temporary error.
VladaAjgl
Regular

Post by VladaAjgl »

Hi Konus,

it's great that it works :-)
konus wrote:I am unable to download the german lang-files of all "non intern" plugins and templates. As result, the programm thinks that erverything has to be translated.
Hmmhmmm, it sounds strange to me. It sounds like an error on server with external plugins. I wasn't able to reproduce this error. For me it works as expected.

for Garvin:
I tested the application by translating other plugins to czech. Here you are:
http://vlada.ajgl.cz/myplugins/cs_s9y_t ... ions_2.zip

Regards
Vlad
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

Hi Vlad
VladaAjgl wrote:
konus wrote:I am unable to download the german lang-files of all "non intern" plugins and templates. As result, the programm thinks that erverything has to be translated.
Hmmhmmm, it sounds strange to me. It sounds like an error on server with external plugins. I wasn't able to reproduce this error. For me it works as expected.
I checked it again today to make sure, it is not a temporary problem, but the programm still does not download any germany lang files of external plugins. I founds the english lang files for external plugins and it founds both lang files for internal plugins (if the exist).
As a test a changed the language to french but was still not able to download the fr lang files.

What a pity :D
VladaAjgl
Regular

Re: Translation tool

Post by VladaAjgl »

Hi Konus,
OK, we will fix it. First we will make sure that you are using latest version of translation tool, which is 1.3 (Help -> About Serendipity Translator). If not, download latest version from http://vlada.ajgl.cz/archives/170-Seren ... lator.html. I expect this is not the problem.

Then run the app via command line

Code: Select all

java -jar SerendipityTranslator.jar
in case of failure, the app will output some error log. Please send it.

In future I plan some output of error messages into log file.

Bye
Vlad
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

VladaAjgl wrote:Hi Konus,
OK, we will fix it.
Great News!
I downloaded the latest File und started it with the command line. The output in the console looks for all extern plugins like this
serendipity_event_markread: de language file not found.
serendipity_event_metadesc: de language file not found.
exept for the case where no english file ist available:
youngbutstrong: Problem, english file not found, maybe no language constants.
zenlike: de language file not found.
I have WinXP with direkt access to the internet (no Proxy necessary). The Problem also exists with CS and FR langfiles.

Greetings Konus
VladaAjgl
Regular

Post by VladaAjgl »

OK, Konus,
I am still not able to reproduce your error. I added a function to write error logs into file. So please download latest version (from http://vlada.ajgl.cz/archives/170-Seren ... lator.html), run it and send me the "error.log" file. I hope we will see more :-)
Bye Vlad
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

Hi Vlad,
Thank you. I downloaded and started the file. I did some tests and got different results.

Test No.1:
It was not downloading the english _and_ the german lang files of external plugins. The Error Log file and the content of the console window is here: http://www.dd4kids.de/uploads/_files/1.zip

Test No.2:
It was downloading the english but _not_ the german lang files of external plugins.
http://www.dd4kids.de/uploads/_files/2.zip

Test No.3:
I started the translator with "java -jar SerendipityTranslator.jar > output.log" to get the console window directly into a file. Now all of a sudden it downloaded _all_ langfiles. Unfortunatly I didn't save the logfile and tried it again. It is sad but I _can't_ reproduce the results. :-( I would like to mention, that even with > output.log there are some errors at the console, if the english file was not found.
http://www.dd4kids.de/uploads/_files/3.zip

Hope that helps!
Greetings Konus
VladaAjgl
Regular

Post by VladaAjgl »

Hi Konus,

in your error logs there are some messages, that certain files cannot be downloaded. In fact there is no chance how to know, whether local (eg. german) language file exist. So the app simply tries to download it and if it does not exist, it throws en error. So there is nothing suspicious in your error logs.

But... I inspected the code. There was a condition, that prevented to download any language files or plugins marked as "problem" (orange question mark) except of internal plugins. It did not suppose the situation when you by accident do not download english files that are subsequently marked as "problem". So I deleted this "smart" condition. Download and try new version, please.

Bye Vlad
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

Hi Vlad,
Today, I was able to download ALL files with the new version. I think you found it, thank you very much!

Greetings Konus
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

Sorry, for bothering you again:

After translating some lang-files, I found out, that in some (not all original) lang-files, the end of the file is marked with

?>
The translator always adds new lines at the end, after this end-code. Afterwards it looks like this:

@define('FAQ_PREVOUS', 'Vorherige Frage:');
@define('FAQ_NEXT', 'Nächste Frage:');
@define('FAQ_SEARCHRESULTS',        '%d FAQs gefunden:');

?>

// Next lines were translated on 2009/08/12
@define('FAQ_REALYDELETECATEGORY',  'Möchten Sie diese Kategorie wirklich löschen?');
@define('FAQ_NEWFAQ',               'Neue FAQ');
@define('FAQ_MARKUP',               'Textformatierung für FAQ Artikel anwenden');
Question to the php-gurus: Does it matter?
VladaAjgl
Regular

Post by VladaAjgl »

konus wrote:Question to the php-gurus: Does it matter?
Yes, it does very much. It's serious bug. I already fixed it, the most up to date version of translation app will never do that. Now you must manually find all plugins with error like that and re-save them.

Vlad
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

Thank you for the fast help! :-)