Upgrade to .9 Spartacus problems

Having trouble installing serendipity?
gizmola
Regular

Upgrade to .9 Spartacus problems

Post by gizmola »

I have been having problems with Spartacus attempting to upgrade existing plugins. Here's an example of the output of one failed upgrade:

Trying to open URL package_event_en.xml...
Fetched 140196 bytes from already existing file on your server. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog/templates_c/package_event_en.xml...

Code: Select all

Trying to open URL serendipity_event_contactform.php?rev=1.9999...
Fetched 14120 bytes from the URL above. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/serendipity_event_contactform.php...
Cannot write to file /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/serendipity_event_contactform.php.
Trying to open URL plugin_contactform.tpl?rev=1.9999...
Fetched 2846 bytes from the URL above. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/plugin_contactform.tpl...
Cannot write to file /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/plugin_contactform.tpl.
Trying to open URL lang_de.inc.php?rev=1.9999...
Fetched 1902 bytes from the URL above. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/lang_de.inc.php...
Data successfully fetched.
Trying to open URL lang_ja.inc.php?rev=1.9999...
Fetched 1953 bytes from the URL above. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/lang_ja.inc.php...
Trying to open URL lang_de.inc.php?rev=1.9999...
Fetched 1909 bytes from the URL above. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/UTF-8/lang_de.inc.php...
Trying to open URL lang_ja.inc.php?rev=1.9999...
Fetched 1953 bytes from the URL above. Saving file as /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/UTF-8/lang_ja.inc.php...
Below is a list of installed plugins 
Obviously what jumps out at me is the paths like: /sites/gizmola.com/blog//...
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Upgrade to .9 Spartacus problems

Post by garvinhicking »

The Paths "//" can be ignored, it's purely cosmetical. "/" and "//" is the same on any Filesystem.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
gizmola
Regular

Post by gizmola »

Garvin,
Ok, I thought it was curious, but the real problem is that the files can't be written by spartacus, even though the plugin directory is 777. Is there anything you can think of that would cause this to happen?

Notice:

Code: Select all

Cannot write to file /sites/gizmola.com/blog//plugins/serendipity_event_contactform/serendipity_event_contactform.php.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Are you really sure that all the directory /plugins is 777? Maybe the contactform directory already exists, did you check that?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
gizmola
Regular

Post by gizmola »

Ok, I feel like a goob after this :oops:. Did indeed turn out to be a perms issue, even though I was so *sure* I'd triple checked that. I was a bit flustered after wrestling with Gentoo emerge borking my entire apache configuration. I've finally got things working although I still can't say why they work as yet, when they should have before and didn't.

Oh well, enough of my blathering, thanks as usual for your dedication to the cause Garvin!