Error prevents me from posting

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Phinka

Error prevents me from posting

Post by Phinka »

Totaly new to serendipity and CMS in general. I have of course done some preliminary googling, but it got me nowhere.

When i try to post something on my Serendipity blog i get this error message:
Error: Unknown column 'had_categories' in 'field list'
And no content is posted on the blog.

Its a fresh Serendipity install on a Raspberry Pi. I did install a frontend theme "clean blog" if thats relevant.

Any help would be appreciated!
onli
Regular

Re: Error prevents me from posting

Post by onli »

Hi! Strange error. Did you install the latest stable version of Serendipity, 2.3.5, or do you run the current alpha directly from github? Did you install plugins already (they could have caused this)?
Phinka

Post by Phinka »

Hello!

I run the Serendipity 2.4-alpha2 and PHP 7.3.27-1~deb10u1. Did not think of this, maybe I should run the stable version?

There are quite a few folders in /../serendipity/plugins. But I can not remember having installed any of them.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Okay, thank you! I think I found the bug, and I pushed the change to the master. You could just update to that version.

About stable or alpha: The current version on Github has a couple of general fixes, but mostly many changes to prevent issues with PHP 8. Seems like those introduced some bugs, like the one you just reported. With PHP 7.3 the stable version might be a bit more comfortable to use right now, but testing the alpha is greatly appreciated.
Phinka

Post by Phinka »

That worked like a charm! Thanks for the quick response and problem solving.

This is just a spare time project for self education, so I'm happy to stay on alpha and report any future bugs.

Thanks again, much appreciated :)
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Great, thanks!