Spam not moderated

Having trouble installing serendipity?
deedw
Regular

Spam not moderated

Post by deedw »

Hi,

after my new installation of S9Y the spam isnot moderated anymore. I use standard Spamblock abd Spamblock Bayes.

As far as I remember there should be some settings where I can define a treshhold above whuxh value something is moderated or blocked. But I do not find it anymore.

Best regards
Dee
erAck
Regular

Re: Spam not moderated

Post by erAck »

Settings Plugins -> Event Plugins, serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes, click gears.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

The Bayes plugin btw recently got a new version, don't be surprised if things are a little bit different. Core concept and usage is still the same though :)
deedw
Regular

Post by deedw »

I did this. There are not settings for treshold etc. See:
Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-04_12-10-04.png
Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-04_12-10-04.png (66.49 KiB) Viewed 11446 times
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Right. That's one of the differences. Right now it's either "block everything above 80% rating", where blocking also means putting a copy into the recycler, or "moderate everything above 80% rating".

Background here is that the plugin needed some restructuring, also to get a new version of the internally used b8 bayes filter integrated. It had too many unnecessary features, too much code.

Please try it for a while with moderation only. In the blogs I run that works fine, especially if you install the antispam-bee plugin as well and put if before bayes. If you got the filter trained and the moderation/block threshold setting is still something you miss, you can report back and I'll add it back in.
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

Ah, I didn't update plugins recently..
Not sure if I like the new behaviour, I was fond of "moderate between x and y" and "reject above y", and also bypassing the recycler above z.
But agreed, most is caught by Bee and Protector before it reaches Bayes.
I'll try.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

erAck wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:11 pm But agreed, most is caught by Bee and Protector before it reaches Bayes.
Exactly. In my blog the recycler was completely empty despite me having had configured a threshold as well, that's what motivated that particular simplifcation.
deedw
Regular

Post by deedw »

Right now it's either "block everything above 80% rating", where blocking also means putting a copy into the recycler, or "moderate everything above 80% rating".
Hm, in my case that did not work, see:
Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-04_13-33-14.png
Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-04_13-33-14.png (101.2 KiB) Viewed 11436 times
First one is moderated with 75%, the second one has gone through with 90%.

And it would be nice to have the treshold value as least visible in the plugin. Otherwise the percentage values do not have any meaning for the admin.

Best regards
Dee
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I'm pretty certain the moderation and blocking works. The code for that is from the prior version and it got tested again during development. This worked.

Was it 90% already when the comment came in? If a third comment got marked as spam and changed the rating the old comment will not change its moderation status.

Alternative option is one of the other spamblock plugins letting the comment through, there were bugs like that before.

I agree that the 80% barrier should at least be mentioned in the plugin configuration.
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

Ok, this is a bad joke. After plugins update the Activity Comments page (serendipity[adminModule]=comments) is completely blank, not any HTML code is generated. There's only the small Comments section in the general admin page.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

erAck, maybe put this into a thread of its own? If the page is white there is a 500 error, that's not the same issue dee is having.
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

deedw
Regular

Post by deedw »

Was it 90% already when the comment came in?
Yes, I haven't changed anything since this morning and the comments are from 13:00.

I have now activated the honey pot (I think) and the order is Spamschutz Biene, Spamschutz, Spamschutz (Bayes). Is this correct?

But there seem to be some (more) bugs: If I post an anonymous comment I only see some number appearing like "0.046437421357601". I think this is the spam number between 0 and 1. But why is it printed after I comment something? Without Bayes the commenter will be redirected to his or her comment.

After deactivating/activating and deinstalling/reinstalling Bayes, the "X" in the admin comment section will not do anything if I click on it. Usually it deletes the corresponding comment and trains the filter. So I do not know how to train the Bayes filter anymore.

Best regards
Dee
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

That number is for sure the bayes spam rating, but there is nothing in the code that would show it, nor does that happen in my dev blog nor my main blog. No idea. Or are there debug statements left over? I'll have a look.

If the button does not do anything the Javascript will not get executed. Is there nothing in your browser's javascript console?
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Yes, there were some debug statements leftover, in the other codepath. Sorry. 1.1.1, the update that should be in spartacus tomorrow, will fix this. Please give this another try then.