Update with glitches

Having trouble installing serendipity?
thatsme
Regular

Update with glitches

Post by thatsme »

Hi everybody.
I have some issue after updating from v.2.3.2 to latest version.
Here is what I've got on the dashboard page -
Error redirect: == SERENDIPITY ERROR ==
Warning: Use of undefined constant URL - assumed 'URL' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/42/d330154832/htdocs/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_dashboard/serendipity_event_dashboard.php on line 218.
For more details set $serendipity['production'] = 'debug' in serendipity_config_local.inc.php to receive a stack-trace.
And also I've got this message -
The Serendipity JavaScript-library could not be loaded. This can happen due to PHP or Plugin errors, or even a malformed browser cache. To check the exact error please open http://predvidenie.com/index.php?/plugi ... _editor.js manually in your browser and check for error messages.
I'm not savvy enough to dig into a deeps. Could you share with me some ideas on how to return everything back to normal, please?

Oh, btw, is it possible to have an option to chose with spartacus what version of s9y I can install? I suspect that downgrade sometimes would be the best solution.

Thank you, have a great day
onli
Regular

Re: Update with glitches

Post by onli »

You should uninstall that plugin, and if possible delete the files from the servers. It is outdated and from before when s9y had a proper dashboard in the backend.
The Serendipity JavaScript-library could not be loaded. This can happen due to PHP or Plugin errors, or even a malformed browser cache. To check the exact error please open http://predvidenie.com/index.php?/plugi ... _editor.js manually in your browser and check for error messages.
Did you open the link in your browser while being logged in? Does it show an error message?
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

thatsme wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:46 am Here is what I've got on the dashboard page -
Warning: Use of undefined constant URL - assumed 'URL' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/42/d330154832/htdocs/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_dashboard/serendipity_event_dashboard.php on line 218.
For more details set $serendipity['production'] = 'debug' in serendipity_config_local.inc.php to receive a stack-trace.
The serendipity_event_dashboard plugin has been removed from Serendipity in 2016 (https://github.com/s9y/additional_plugi ... d16986eefc); as such, it will not be updated, throwing errors in newer versions of PHP.

You can and should delete the /homepages/42/d330154832/htdocs/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_dashboard/ directory (with all files) from your website and remove the plugin from your Serendipity plugin configuration.

A dashboard is now part of Serendipity Core since Serendipity 2.0.
thatsme wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:46 amAnd also I've got this message -
That's a subsequent error, triggered by the previous error message breaking the output flow.
thatsme wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:46 amOh, btw, is it possible to have an option to chose with spartacus what version of s9y I can install? I suspect that downgrade sometimes would be the best solution.
That won't be possible, I'm afraid.

We advise to make backups from your files and your database prior to upgrading so you cann downgrade / rollback the upgrade. That won't be necessary most times, but it's good to have anyway.
thatsme
Regular

Post by thatsme »

Thank you folks, for help, you make ones life so much easier, I'm telling you :)

Ok, I removed "../serendipity_event_dashboard/" from the directory and uninstalled it from event plugins and the error message disappeared.
The JavaScript woke up also.
But instead I've got this thing (when I open "Configure Plugins") -
Warning: Use of undefined constant PLUGIN_EVENT_KUBRICKHEADER_STYLE - assumed 'PLUGIN_EVENT_KUBRICKHEADER_STYLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/42/d330154832/htdocs/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_kubrickheader/serendipity_event_kubrickheader.php on line 22.
Should I kill "../serendipity_event_kubrickheader.php" as well?

Thank you!
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

thatsme wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:50 amOk, I removed "../serendipity_event_dashboard/" from the directory and uninstalled it from event plugins and the error message disappeared.
The JavaScript woke up also.
Wonderful!
thatsme wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:50 amShould I kill "../serendipity_event_kubrickheader.php" as well?
No, we still maintain that plugin, so we can fix it - let me have a look.
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

thh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:10 am
thatsme wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:50 amShould I kill "../serendipity_event_kubrickheader.php" as well?
No, we still maintain that plugin, so we can fix it - let me have a look.
The bug had already been fixed 7 month ago, but as the plugin version had not been incremented, the new version was not released. I fixed that; with the next Spartacus run at about half past midnight tonight, you'll be able to update that plugin from the Serendipity plugin manager, and the error will go away.
thatsme
Regular

Post by thatsme »

I did as you wrote, the error's gone as you suggested, but the JavaScript laid down again -
== SERENDIPITY ERROR ==
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/42/d330154832/htdocs/serendipity/include/compat.inc.php:235) in /homepages/42/d330154832/htdocs/serendipity/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 121.
So, what would be the next step for me to make?
Thank you!
thatsme
Regular

Post by thatsme »

Ok, folks, for some miraculous reason today everything works just flawlessly :)
I don't know how, I don't know why, but that's what it is.
I really appreciate your very valuable help.
This topic can be closed now.
All the best to everyone.
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

thatsme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:07 amOk, folks, for some miraculous reason today everything works just flawlessly :)
I don't know how, I don't know why, but that's what it is.
That's bad for debugging, but good for you. :D
thatsme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:07 amI really appreciate your very valuable help.
My pleasure. Thanks for your patience and your yery clear reports!