POPfetcher to recover all previous emails

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Gryphen
Regular

POPfetcher to recover all previous emails

Post by Gryphen »

Hi Guys,

I previously used POPfetcher on my old blog, and now with the new version after a hardware crash (I lost the lot) I have rebuilt my blog using a Raspberry Pi, it is all working great, and it is nice and fast compared to the old NAS I was using.

The one thing I would like to do is to use POPfetcher and run it back over all my pop3 email in my Blog's email account and using the dates of the email's have it recreate the blog entries that I added that way.

I saw that the date thing is included in POPfetcher settings, and I can set my gmail account to apply POP to "all email" or "mail that arrives from now on"

When I set it to "mail that arrives from now on" it works fine, and uploads any newly arrived email, but the issue is that if I set it to "all email" then it takes an extended period of time (but not too long lol) and it returns the following msg on a white background "POPfetcher v1.49 @ Fri Dec 27 15:39:14 AWST 2019".

If I set gmail to "mail that arrives from now on" it works as expected and retrieves any email sent after I trip the switch in gmail settings.

example:

Number of messages extracted from your mailbox: 1
All messages are still in your mailbox
STRING: test2
CHARSET: UTF-8
LOCAL CHARSET: UTF-8

How can I (indeed can I?) use popfetcher to download all the email in my gmail account and create entries?

If I can, then what do I need to do to be able to enable it?

Thx in advance
Gryphen
Regular

Re: POPfetcher to recover all previous emails

Post by Gryphen »

Any ideas of an approach.. or even an alternate method to do the same thing?
Gryphen
Regular

Re: POPfetcher to recover all previous emails

Post by Gryphen »

Ended up forwarding the posts to myself, letting POPFETCHER download and process them and then editing the posts and dates