Issues after updating from 2.1.5 to 2.3.1

Having trouble installing serendipity?
jschulenburg
Regular

Issues after updating from 2.1.5 to 2.3.1

Post by jschulenburg »

Hi,

I've got two sites running on my Synology NAS and both do having issues after updating! On one (https://www.schulies.org/ home page as well as admin page) I'm getting:
The php-blog project's CVS data is in read-only mode, so the project may have switched over to another source-code-management system. To check, visit the Project Summary Page for php-blog and see if the menubar lists a newer code repository, such as SVN or Git.

The CVS data can be accessed as follows. You can run a per-module CVS checkout via pserver protocol:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P Attic
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P Neuer Ordner
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P Serendipity
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P additional_plugins
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P additional_themes
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P bundled-libs
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P htmlarea
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P jBlog
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P manual
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P pixel
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P plugins
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P serendipity
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P serendipity_event_prettify
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P templates
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@a.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/php-blog co -P xtcommerce

You can view a list of files or copy all the CVS repository data via rsync (the 1st command lists the files, the 2nd copies):
rsync -a a.cvs.sourceforge.net::cvsroot/php-blog/
rsync -ai a.cvs.sourceforge.net::cvsroot/php-blog/ /my/local/dest/dir/

If you are a project admin for php-blog, you can request that this page redirect to another repo on your project by submitting a support request.

On the second (https://www.schulenburg-it.nl) I'm getting on the admin page:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@uberspace.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

- and -

The Serendipity JavaScript-library could not be loaded. This can happen due to PHP or Plugin errors, or even a malformed browser cache. To check the exact error please open https://www.schulenburg-it.nl/index.php ... _editor.js manually in your browser and check for error messages

The admin pages display but the web page gives an 403?

Anyone any help?
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
jschulenburg
Regular

Re: Issues after updating from 2.1.5 to 2.3.1

Post by jschulenburg »

After restoring a backup of 2.1.4 and updating from that version it went well. However, I'm using a theme causing the backend to fail when using PHP 7.3 (I think this is the issue). Could that be?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Issues after updating from 2.1.5 to 2.3.1

Post by yellowled »

jschulenburg wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:39 pmHowever, I'm using a theme causing the backend to fail when using PHP 7.3 (I think this is the issue). Could that be?
Depends on what theme you use and how you got to that conclusion. (Meaning: please name the theme and describe and errors or post any error messages you might get.)

When in doubt, try switching to 2k11 (temporarily). That should always work.

YL