Editing Clean Blog theme

Having trouble installing serendipity?
milezone

Editing Clean Blog theme

Post by milezone »

Hi Everyone,

I love the program so far, its simple and clean, just a nice setup. But a few things I just cant seem to figure out. I am using the Theme "Clean Blog", so this is what I will be referring to on my questions.

1. On the very top header there is "Link #1" "Link #2" "Link #3" and "Link #4" I cannot find anywhere in the admin area where I can edit those. One I want to make a link to a Paypal option, and others just simple links like "About Us" and "Contact Us".

2. I am trying to add higher res images and many videos directly. But the system tells me about a file size limitation? How can I change this so I can upload about any size video and photo?

3. Is there any way to change the photo size of the headers on main home page, as well as each blog posted?

Thank you all for your help, I hope to make use of this awesome program!

Russ
http://shaneyville.com

Edit onli: Better title
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Need Some Quick Help Please

Post by Don Chambers »

Russ - some of your theme specific questions for Clean Blog might be answered here.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

milezone wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:46 pm 2. I am trying to add higher res images and many videos directly. But the system tells me about a file size limitation? How can I change this so I can upload about any size video and photo?
The upload filesize limit is usually set by your web server (the computer your blog is located on) in a config file called php.ini. You would need to talk to your hoster (unless you have access to your php.ini directly).

However, please consider concerning the "any size" part that you will use up space on you webspace quickly (your space might be limited). Moreover, you're also expecting your blog's visitors to download those "any size" videos and photos – that may limit your visits from people on slower connections. It will generally slow down your blog altogether.

I fully understand the desire to have good quality images, but there is a point to optimizing them to some kind of "middle ground" between file size and quality. (There is specific software for that, but any image editor's "Save for web" function is a good starting point.)

YL
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

garedomarti wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am
There is specific software for that, but any image editor's "Save for web" function is a good starting point.
could you tell me at least in example of this software
GIMP. You'll get similar results in your favorite image editor when resizing and saving to JPEG with ~85% quality, though a dedicated "Save for Web" may also reduce the color palette.

And please trim quoting to the necessary amount, thanks.
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

maestrierica88 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 pm
You'll get similar results in your XXX editor
I think everyone would prefer if you didn't abuse quotes to introduce spam links.
Last edited by erAck on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

erAck wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pmI think everyone would prefer if you didn't abuse quotes to introduce spam links.
User and posts deleted. Thanks.
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

Rossiny wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:50 pm dear erAck,thanks for the tip, but there is no way to not reduce the color palette?
Then simply export to JPEG without using the Save to Web functionality.