How to create the sqlite database?

Having trouble installing serendipity?
BarryK
Regular

How to create the sqlite database?

Post by BarryK »

Hi,
This is a newbie question.

I have previously installed a couple of cms apps that use sqlite, and they came with pre-created sqlite databases. They were Batflat and Quick.cms

However, Serenditpity requires the sqlite database to be created beforehand.

But, how do I create it?

I run Linux, on my laptop, and have the 'sqlite3' binary executable. Could someone tell me how to use that to create the database file?

I looked around, can't find documentation how to do that. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Barry
BarryK
Regular

Re: How to create the sqlite database?

Post by BarryK »

Ha ha, that was a dumb post, my apologies :oops:

What happened, is I was evaluatiing Dotclear blog at almost the same time, and my brain is not very good at multitasking.

Got them mixed up. Dotclear is the one that requires the sqlite database file to be manually created.

Serendipity, though, I have just now installed it, and so easy! Works with sqlite. My host is omnis.com, shared account.

One question though, for anyone reading this who might know: installation shows a list of database choices, including "PDO::SQlite" and "SQlite3 (OO) (preferably use PDO-SQlite".

I choose the first one. Is that OK? Seems to work ok.
onli
Regular

Re: How to create the sqlite database?

Post by onli »

PDO::SQlite is the right choice. The others, well, a developer went on a tangent there :) More for supporting additional setups.