grabbed the cvs today - lots of problems

Having trouble installing serendipity?
LivingMeeble

grabbed the cvs today - lots of problems

Post by LivingMeeble »

I grabbed the CVS this morning and this is everything I've run into so far on a Mysql 3.x - redhat 9.0 box

default install goes through correctly and sets everything up but when i go to the URL it is looking for
serendipity_lang_.inc.php

and all I have is : serendipity_lang_.inc.php

I made a copy of mine and added the extra _ and the script then works.

however - all the general settings like blog title and desc that I put in on install were never saved anywhere and their not showing up. I went into the admin panel and they were all blank so I filled it in again and it saved them but did nothing with them - they stay blank.

the archive directory does not work correctly in the scheme of accessing the styles and images - everything I view in archive mode is busted out of the template - I created symblolic links in the archive dir up ../ and it corrected some of it but the template is still outta whack.

hope that helps.
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

Hmmm, weird - did you check whether the database tables have all been created and whether the config table contains a whole bunch of entries? what's the url of your installation?
liedra

Post by liedra »

I get this too! on a Mac OS X system with latest version from CVS and a working mysql/php 4 setup! None of the config settings except the db settings stuck, and the main page failed looking for the language files. I changed the config file to point directly to lang_en.inc.php and that fixed a few of the problems but none of the fields would stick in the admin section, nor would the templates stick.

Thanks!

- liedra
jhermanns
Site Admin

Post by jhermanns »

Hey Meeble & liedra,

I've heard serveral people complain about this bug, we'll work on it - sorry to let you wait :(

I think it's getting fixed within the next few days, I'll announce it here :)
tomsommer
Core Developer

Post by tomsommer »

Could you provide a complete error?

With linenumbers etc?
Tom Sommer (Serendipity Core Developer)
http://blog.dreamcoder.dk
LivingMeeble

Post by LivingMeeble »

that's just it - there is no error being generated. It acts during install and during admin modification as if the variables are being set but nothing is happening in the end and the fields remain blank.

I opened the local config in notepad and put them in and their fine now and they appear in the admin config now too.