I'm trying to updrage from 1.2.1 to 1.7.8. (Forgive me for not doing that regularly).
- I backupped everything;
- I uploaded and overwrote the old file-structure with the new one (except ...config.inc.php);
- I chmod 777 where needed;
- I went to the site but couldn't login;
- I did the...
Code: Select all
ALTER TABLE sd_authors ADD COLUMN hashtype int(1); ALTER TABLE sd_authors CHANGE password password VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL;
- Then I could login again;
- But I didn't see the Serendipity upgrader, just the admin panel;
- Then I logged out, cleared all related cookies and cache of today;
- Then I logged in again, but still I just get to the admin panel, not the upgrader.
- I also logged in in anther browser that I had not used for this site yet. Same thing.
I do see that my custom-made theme is gone, so the overwriting process did work. Also all 3032 files transferred correctly. Also I changed my password, logged out and in, and changed it again, and out an in.
Is anyone available to assist me with invoking the Serendipity upgrader?
Thanks in advance, Thomas.