Templates in Installation Update 1.5.5 to 1.7.3

Having trouble installing serendipity?
shsp
Regular

Templates in Installation Update 1.5.5 to 1.7.3

Post by shsp »

I created a new folder for the installation and copied my config file. I also changed the database manually to reference the new folder, as well as the htaccess file.

The system had me click on the upgrade, which I did. All went well except for a slash missing which I found and the templates not recognized.

What I notice is that the templates_c folder has a new structure, so I am assuming that I did not copy things correctly. How do I map the old templates_c folder to the new templates_c folder for Carl Contest.
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Templates in Installation Update 1.5.5 to 1.7.3

Post by Timbalu »

Sound to me like a non-supported Click-to-play-Serendipity (Rvglobalsoft / RvSiteBuilder)... What is your ISP?
shsp wrote:How do I map the old templates_c folder to the new templates_c folder for Carl Contest.
This is not possible, since changed the template engine from Smarty 2 to Smarty 3 with the upgrade.
It works / places differently.
As these are compiled files only, you don't need them on upgrades and you will better live with a new automated compile run.
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
shsp
Regular

Post by shsp »

I am running locally with xampp. My plan is to transfer to host whrn it works.
shsp
Regular

Post by shsp »

How do I invoke compilation.
shsp
Regular

Post by shsp »

Got it. I deleted the compiled templates in templates_s for Carl Contest, then simply ran the blog again and it was recompiled. Voila. Thanks.