SP deleted database - cannot recover blog

Having trouble installing serendipity?
bobthehamster

SP deleted database - cannot recover blog

Post by bobthehamster »

Hi,

My SP deleted my Postgres database, which they have now restored, but having real trouble getting serendipity working again. I can access the data using phpPgAdmin and I have assigned all the privileges to the user defined in serendipity_config_local.inc.php. All I get is when accessing index.php is a blank page with credits for the template designer. If I run serendipity_admin.php I can't log in. I have tried resetting the password using a couple of the scripts from this site, but it doesn't appear to change. I have tried updating to a later version - no joy, but the upgrade did report everything as green other than one html file. I am running out of ideas, can you help? Currently running 1.5.5.

Bob
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: SP deleted database - cannot recover blog

Post by Don Chambers »

bobthehamster wrote:Hi,

My SP deleted my Postgres database, which they have now restored, but having real trouble getting serendipity working again. I can access the data using phpPgAdmin and I have assigned all the privileges to the user defined in serendipity_config_local.inc.php. All I get is when accessing index.php is a blank page with credits for the template designer. If I run serendipity_admin.php I can't log in. I have tried resetting the password using a couple of the scripts from this site, but it doesn't appear to change. I have tried updating to a later version - no joy, but the upgrade did report everything as green other than one html file. I am running out of ideas, can you help? Currently running 1.5.5.

Bob
What is your url? What do you mean by "I have assigned all the privileges to the user defined in serendipity_config_local.inc.php"?
=Don=
bobthehamster

Post by bobthehamster »

URL is www.bobthehamster.com/blog. The SP deleted my database, I changed the DB admin user but cannot change it back to the original DB admin user - a restriction on what I can do in phpPgAdmin, so tried to assign necessary privileges to my new admin account. I suspect it is a case of only having read access to the database and that is why I cannnot update the password in the authors table. In any case I changed the settings in serendipity_config_local.inc.php thus:

<?php
/*
Serendipity configuration file
Written on Sat, 04 Feb 2012 17:09:05 +0000
*/

$serendipity['versionInstalled'] = '1.5.5';
$serendipity['dbName'] = 'd25bobt_serendipity';
$serendipity['dbPrefix'] = 'serendipity_';
$serendipity['dbHost'] = 'localhost';
$serendipity['dbUser'] = 'admin2'; (new admin name)
$serendipity['dbPass'] = '*******';
$serendipity['dbType'] = 'postgres';
$serendipity['dbPersistent'] = false;
$serendipity['dbCharset'] = 'utf8';

// End of Serendipity configuration file
// You can place your own special variables after here:

?>
bobthehamster

[Solved] SP deleted database - cannot recover blog

Post by bobthehamster »

Confirmed that the issue was due to no write access in PostgresSQL. Put this down to hacking and deletion of the database and the somewhat restricted capability to manage users. I have now recovered the data into an alternative database.

Bob
yellowled
Regular

Re: [Solved] SP deleted database - cannot recover blog

Post by yellowled »

bobthehamster wrote:Put this down to hacking and deletion of the database and the somewhat restricted capability to manage users.
You should see to it that you keep your s9y up to date as well. 1.5.5 is ancient, we're up to 1.7.

YL
bobthehamster

Post by bobthehamster »

Yes, now that it is up and running again I think I will do that. Changed all the passwords too.

Thanks

Bob