upgrade question

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Noelb
Regular

upgrade question

Post by Noelb »

Hi Garvin,

currently using 1.6.1 - LITE
if we were to install the 1.73 rc full version, but, not intending to use the advanced features or multi user etc, will that affect in any way our existing setup which is for single user?
ie: still use it as we do today with single user (only asking because there seems to be no newer lite version), basically, I know the core files are identical, but with uploading over existing, can we expect any "gotchyas" to our current working setup?

Thanks!
yellowled
Regular

Re: upgrade question

Post by yellowled »

Noelb wrote:currently using 1.6.1 - LITE
if we were to install the 1.73 rc full version, but, not intending to use the advanced features or multi user etc, will that affect in any way our existing setup which is for single user?
ie: still use it as we do today with single user (only asking because there seems to be no newer lite version), basically, I know the core files are identical, but with uploading over existing, can we expect any "gotchyas" to our current working setup?
I don't think installing a full RC over a lite installation would affect your setup, but you would have files installed which you apparently don't need (which is probably why your chose the lite version in the first place) and didn't have before.

This, however, has nothing to do with single vs multi user(s). The lite version excludes most of the themes bundled with the core and files needed for shared installations, which means hosting multiple blog by using just one installation.

There is no lite version because there is no release (yet; a little birdie told me, it's not too far away). The lite version is only prepared for official releases to save some maintenance work.

YL
Noelb
Regular

Re: upgrade question

Post by Noelb »

Hi,

Thanks, I was hoping it would be just a lot of extra space, but since there is no problem at present, I might delay a while, since your little birdies whisper :)