no auto-logout in freshly installed s9y

Having trouble installing serendipity?
ju
Regular

no auto-logout in freshly installed s9y

Post by ju »

Hi. I have a freshly installed s9y for testing purposes and noticed that my admin-user is never logged out automatically. Which comes quite handy as long as I am testing but should not be like that in my opinion. I have compared the test-install with my long working s9y blog and found no "switch" for turning auto-logout on or off. Am I just blind or is the out-logout triggered by a plugin (which one?) or a server-setting that I cannot influence?
onli
Regular

Re: no auto-logout in freshly installed s9y

Post by onli »

Hi ju
As far as I am aware, there is no such function. On Login you may choose to "remember me" so you won't get logged out after this session. Probably that was activated?
ju
Regular

Post by ju »

I never chose "remember me". But I will try again with a different browser.

After which time should I normally be logged out? (I only know that it is sometimes too short to finish an article ... but that's not very exact.)
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

That should not happen.

The only timeout I found that s9y sets is in serendipity_setCookie and set to a month. It is possible that the PHP on this server is configured to close the session after some time, like via ini.session.cookie-lifetime.

It is of course possible I oversaw something else, but my guess would be to check and set that option (or let your hoster check that).