Can't log in after installing through domaingo

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Lucy

Can't log in after installing through domaingo

Post by Lucy »

Hi,

I installed Serendipity through domaingo.de, but I can't log in to my blog. It comes up with this message:

You can no longer login with an old-style MD5 hash to prevent MD5-Hostage abuse. Please ask the Administrator to set you a new password.

What do I do? I'm totally new to this and not confident with all the databases etc.

I'm very sorry if this has already been answered somewhere.

Lucy
yellowled
Regular

Re: Can't log in after installing through domaingo

Post by yellowled »

Lucy wrote:You can no longer login with an old-style MD5 hash to prevent MD5-Hostage abuse. Please ask the Administrator to set you a new password.

What do I do?
I'm not familiar with domaingo.de. Is that some kind of pre-installed (1-click) version of Serendipity? Do you have access to the Database, i.e. through some kind of interface like phpMyAdmin, Confixx etc.? Have you tried to contact domaingo's support about this (in case they even offer support)?

YL
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Yes, it's a one-click installation.
I think I have access to databases using MySql. (But I would need a "for dummies" version of what do do with them!)
domaingo.de doesn't provide support for installed software.
Lucy
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Lucy wrote:I think I have access to databases using MySql. (But I would need a "for dummies" version of what do do with them!)
Unfortunately, there is no really simple version of this. Well, obviously it depends on your definition of "simple". :wink:

Timbalu posted a PHP snippet to fix logins here: http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?f=1& ... #p10425053

This means (if I get this right, you might want to wait for Timbalu to comment on this) you'd need to create said file in a text editor, enter your (new) login credentials, upload it to your webspace via FTP and call it in the browser.

Also note that no support for one-click installations usually means that the hoster does not provide updates, so you'll have to familiarize yourself with the process of upgrading s9y to the latest version. Most of the one-click installations are pretty stale, which pose a security issue. Upgrading is very simple, see http://www.s9y.org/37.html.

YL
elizabethmc

Post by elizabethmc »

yellowled wrote:
Lucy wrote:I think I have access to databases using MySql. (But I would need a "for dummies" version of what do do with them!)
Unfortunately, there is no really simple version of this. Well, obviously it xcel depends on your definition of "simple". :wink:

Timbalu posted a PHP snippet to fix logins here:
Just wanted to thank you for linking to the snippet. It really helped me a lot! :)