Move Blog to another host

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Lorel
Regular

Move Blog to another host

Post by Lorel »

I'm redesigning a site for a client that has your blog installed and working correctly. We are moving to another host. Can you tell me how to move the blog or are your blogs hosted on your site and redirected with a CName?
Lorel
Regular

Re: Move Blog to another host

Post by Lorel »

Ok, I downloaded the files from the old site and loaded on the new site. However there was one error:

The file "Lang_zh.inc.php" could not be transferred because data connections were blocked by both a firewall at the server and the Mac OS firewall.

It says to either turn on passive mode on ftp or turn off the Mac firewall. I already use passive mode on FTP. I knpw how to turn off the firewall but I can't find the file mentioned above. Can you tell me in which folder it's located?
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Move Blog to another host

Post by Don Chambers »

If the filename is lang_zh.inc.php, and not serendipity_lang_zh.inc.php, I'm guessing it is in one of the plugin folders or a plugin's UTF-8 subfolder. Any plugin COULD have a file with this name, but the contents of the file would vary from one plugin to another as they are language constants. zh is Chinese.
=Don=