Link to my site Home Page

Having trouble installing serendipity?
thankey

Link to my site Home Page

Post by thankey »

I want to place a link on the Serendipity login page back to my site Home Page.
How do I do this?
Thanks
www.fieldtrial.info
Timbalu
Regular

Re: Link to my site Home Page

Post by Timbalu »

Hi

There should be one in serendipity_admin.php
<?php echo $out['footer']; ?>
<p id="serendipityBackToBlog"><a href="<?php echo $serendipity['serendipityHTTPPath']; ?>"><?php echo BACK_TO_BLOG;?></a></p>

Ian
thankey

Post by thankey »

Thanks Ian
I'm sorry if I have misunderstood!
My web site is www.fieldtrial.info and home page www.fieldtrial.info/index.html

I want to insert a link from Serendipity user login page back to my site home page.

Thanks

Tim
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Got lost somewhere? I thought you already solved it.

just add this underneath the code I posted with or without the style part

Code: Select all

<p id="serendipityBackToBlog" style="float:right;"><a href="http://www.fieldtrial.info/">home</a></p>
Ian
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I'm going to go with a slightly different approach. You seem to be using the template serendipity 3.0. That template is in the folder /templates/carl_contest/.

Copy the file named /templates/default/admin/index.tpl to /templates/carl_contest/admin/.

Edit that file. Look for the following line:

<p id="serendipityBackToBlog"><a href="{$serendipityHTTPPath}">{$CONST.BACK_TO_BLOG}</a></p>
Immediately below that line, add this line:

<p style="padding: 0 0 10px 10px"><a href="http://www.fieldtrial.info/">FieldTrial Home</a></p>
Downside to either of these recommendations is that if the master administration template is modified in the future, your custom version will not inherit those changes. You would also need to copy this modified /admin/index.tpl file to any other template should you decide to use a different template.

Other things to consider:
1) add a link to your home page from the blog sidebar instead.
2) consider using the template bulletproof, which has navigation built in (among numerous other options).
3) custom designing a template to look exactly like your home page.
=Don=
Timbalu
Regular

history of templating

Post by Timbalu »

Don Chambers wrote:I'm going to go with a slightly different approach. You seem to be using the template serendipity 3.0. That template is in the folder /templates/carl_contest/.
As you are saying this, Don, I remembered carl_contest being serendipity 3.0, which is quite confusing.

If one is new to serendipity he/she/it ( ;-) ) doesn't know about the S9y history of templating, like the evolution default -> serendpity 2.0 -> carl_contest -> bulletproof. This is why people use serendipity 2.0 even in this days.

There are a lot of users out there not knowing all these things.
:arrow: So I really do think it is worth to rename (or make a copy S2, S3, S4) these templates to simplest reveal their purpose on first sight.

Maybe we can spot this problem in the Upcoming Serendipity Features forum.

Ian