cannot disable comments

Having trouble installing serendipity?
colin4255

cannot disable comments

Post by colin4255 »

Just installed latest version of Serendipity. While we get the blog up and running we set it so that viewers could not leave comments to the blog, but despite setting it all up, we find that anyone can leave comments despite it being disabled??

I assume we have done something wrong, but what?
yellowled
Regular

Re: cannot disable comments

Post by yellowled »

colin4255 wrote:While we get the blog up and running we set it so that viewers could not leave comments to the blog, but despite setting it all up, we find that anyone can leave comments despite it being disabled??
How exactly did you disable comments?

YL
colin4255

Post by colin4255 »

1. Personal settings: Default settings for new entry - allow comments to this entry = set to no.

2. Send comment announcements and send trackback announcements - set to yes - but no emails being received when comments that are not supposed to be able to be posted are actually posted!

3. Configuration - allow users to subscribe to entries is set to no.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Personal settings only apply to NEW entries you write. Check existing ones by editing them and see if the Checkbox for "Allow comments to this entry" is enabled or disabled.

Do you have a windows or linux box? Sent mails can only be received if your server has a local SMTP enabled so that PHP's "mail()" function can work.

Option 3 only applies to the comment form if "subscribe to comments" is there or not.

To completely remove comments, please check the FAQ on www.s9y.org - you need to edit the template files (entries.tpl) for that to remove the section.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/