Moving old installation to new installation accross servers.

Having trouble installing serendipity?
der_kaepten
Regular

Re: Moving old installation to new installation accross serv

Post by der_kaepten »

Hi Ian,

thanks!
Sorry to say, there are no entries in the webserver-log files :(
I thought also it could be a problem of a litlle little screw inside the php.ini, but I have no clue what screw :( do you have any hint for me?

best regards
Juergen
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

Well thats odd! Is it the same apache server on a same (linux) server (like debian a.s.o.)?
Did you check if you get any output in the syslog of your system?
Are you running PHP as mod_php or as (f)cgi?
Does you server use mod_rewrite?
Did you adjust the path setting in your mysql dump inside the PREFIX_config table?

In a web doc_root /php.ini you could try with:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;max_execution_time = 60 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
;;;;max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
;;;;memory_limit = 12M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

enabling is removing the ;;;;. This only works if your server allows web based php.ini's.

Someone has other ideas?
Regards,
Ian

Serendipity Styx Edition and additional_plugins @ https://ophian.github.io/ @ https://github.com/ophian
der_kaepten
Regular

Post by der_kaepten »

Hi Ian,

thanks for your notice!
Short update about last actions :?
all changes didn't have any effect :-( therefore I delete the complete installation. Copy the new version 1.6.1. to the folders and start index.php. (leave the ...config.local... as it was) Now it say: "he, there is a new version, should I do the update?" I confirm with "yes". Afterwards I had to actualize only some plugins and now I'm nearly 90% ready. Need only to add two or three changes, which I 've made in 2007 when I start the blog. And as most usual the documentation was not so perfect, to find it easy :oops: but that's not so difficult than all other before :lol:
Resumee: follow instructions in forum/page is better :-) - first update to actual version!
Anyway, only donwload new version and overwrite the actual installation was not enough, delete, execpt a.m. file, could be the better way.
Thanks for your help!

best regards
Juergen