mod_rewrite on IIS 7

Having trouble installing serendipity?
solraun
Regular

mod_rewrite on IIS 7

Post by solraun »

I was searching for Information, and couldn't find it. But I found out by myself, maybe this will help other unexpierienced users as me:

How do I use the Google friendly mod_rewrite function of s9y on a Windows 2008 Server?

First, make sure you have "URL Rewrite" present in your IIS Manager Home. If not, you can get it via the "Web Platform Installer"

1. Activate the "mod_rewrite" in your Administration page of serendipity.
2. This creates you a file (or modifies it) called .htaccess in you wwwroot. It contains the information used to rewrite the url
3. Load the file in the URL Rewrite module of IIS7. Select your website, doubleklick on "URL Rewrite". On the right you should find Import Rules. Klick on it, and either select your file (.htaccess) or copy&paste it into the window. It should parse every thing. If there is an error, check out the error and if necessary, delete the entries that cause the error. (I had to delete one Rewrite Base / that didnt had any information in it). If there are no more errors, you have to do one last step!
4. (Where I had troubles) Somehow, IIS7 parses other than apache. Anyway, you have to delete the "\" before every "_". This gives you
RewriteRule ^((archives/([0-9]+)-[0-9a-z\._!;,\+\-\%]+\.html)/?) index.php?/$1 [NC,L,QSA]
instead of
RewriteRule ^((archives/([0-9]+)-[0-9a-z\.\_!;,\+\-\%]+\.html)/?) index.php?/$1 [NC,L,QSA]

DO THIS WITCH EVERY RULE!
Then klick on apply top right. Restart the Web Server (NOT the whole server, this is unnecesary)

Then it should work as you want.

Can i promote my site? http://www.striking.ch if you want to see some nice pictures ;)
petersmith98

Re: mod_rewrite on IIS 7

Post by petersmith98 »

Hello!

Unfortunately, once the access is unsuccessful, the next time you log in to the administrative system, you cannot use smart tags. Have you tried reloading the page yet?