Current CVS-Checkout doesn't create any tables

Having trouble installing serendipity?
checkdog

Current CVS-Checkout doesn't create any tables

Post by checkdog »

hy everybody!

i checked out from cvs last night. the setup (first) page appears, after filling out properly and submitting it. i get errors en gros related to the table creation. it seems as if the database name is not referred to the script, which then doesn't know which database to use. you can check out the current status on http://www.redsplash.de/blog/. i hope somebody helps me, so that i can use this neat piece of software.

regards
checkdog

Post by checkdog »

with efforts i got a little further.
what i still need, i think, are the entries of the config table. the structure already exists. could anybody please post the keys. so that i can fill it myself??

one further word: "dear maintainers, i do really appreciate your work very much (if i wouldn't, i'd not use your piece of sw), but if it's not working, it doesn't makes sense at all. i'm sitting here for the last two days and progressing only so little. i mean, what else do you want me to do? by getting no support, i could write a blog myself."
mmacfadden
Regular

Post by mmacfadden »

I might have a solution for you:

Are you using mysql? If you are then you should try the following. You will have to edit the serendipity_db_mysql.inc.php.

1) Add this line to the serendipity_db_connect(..) function between the mysql_connect line and the return statement:

mysql_select_db( $serendipity['dbName'], $serendipity['dbConn']);

2) Change this line in the serendipity_db_query(..) function (should be around line 21). Change it from this:

$c = mysql_db_query($serendipity['dbName'], $sql);

to this:

$c = mysql_query($sql);

You would have to redo your installation by removing the serendipity_config_local.inc.php file. Let me know if this works for you. It worked for me.
checkdog

Post by checkdog »

hy mmacfadden!

that's kinda nice of you to help me. i appreciate this. but you are too late, fortunately :D . you can examine the result here:http://www.redsplash.de/blog/. but to be honest it took me the hole day. i created the entries in the config table from the serendipity_admin_installer form, what worked pretty well. phew. right after that several error occured within the serendipity_admin script while editing and posting articles and images. but nevermind. the customizing to fit the website was fun then. finally

thx for your help
regards & have fun
tomsommer
Core Developer

Post by tomsommer »

This bug was fixed in CVS a while ago :)
Tom Sommer (Serendipity Core Developer)
http://blog.dreamcoder.dk