open_basedir restriction in effect.

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Scuzzmonkey69

open_basedir restriction in effect.

Post by Scuzzmonkey69 »

I keep getting this error throughout my attempt to install.

Code: Select all

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 244

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/convert) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 248

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 244

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/convert) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 248

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/sbin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 244

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/sbin/convert) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 248

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/sbin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 244

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/sbin/convert) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/scuzzm5/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/scuzzm5/public_html/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 248
What do I do?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: open_basedir restriction in effect.

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

You should only get these message during installation - please discard them, they are just telling you that you cannot use imagemagick. Everything else should work properly.

Regards,
GArvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
chickens
Regular

Post by chickens »

Hey Garvin,

What would it take to get rid of those warnings? I know to look over warnings, but to the average person that would be enough to stop them in their tracks.

Maybe once the book is done we can take a bit of time to clean up any non-friendly errors. The one thing I like about wordpress is that it has dull corners. All of the error messages are user friendly and it allows the average person to not be scared by it. It might hinder some development stuff, but I think the payoff would be greater than the loss.

Zac