Board index Installation Admin backend dropdowns suddenly inactive

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Huhu
Regular

Postby Huhu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:16 pm

After installing the Multilingual plug-in, suddenly all dropdown and even link buttons of the Admin interface became inactive. I did not change the before that smoothly working config other than that. Template: Clean Blog.
After deleting Multilingual Entries, the links are clickable again, but the error message persists.
Error message:

Code: Select all
 Error: . Does it exist? Please check your privileges to this table; triggered in serendipity_event_multilingual, setupDB() method.
Fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger: Free ebook on the sport

garvinhicking
Core Developer

Postby garvinhicking » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi,

the error message refers to a non existing variable; what it should show you is that the database table "serendipity_entryproperties" is missing. Usually that one is created with the serendipity installation; is it missing on your installation?!
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

Huhu
Regular

Postby Huhu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:28 am

garvinhicking wrote:what it should show you is that the database table "serendipity_entryproperties" is missing.

Ah. I renamed the prefix of the tables during the s9y installation, from "serendipity_" to "ml_" .
maybe the plug- in does for some reason not adapt to the custom table names?

PS Nice flickr stream btw. Reminds me that my last holiday worth it's name is some years past ...
Fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger: Free ebook on the sport

sde

Postby sde » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 pm

I have the same problem, directly after a clean installation with version 2.1.1. Table "serendipity_entryproperties" does exist. Is there anything else I can check or try?

Return to Installation