Board index Installation 2.1-rc1: "content_msg" The requested page could not be found

Having trouble installing serendipity?
HiCotN
Regular
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:12 am

Postby HiCotN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:34 am

After upgrading to 2.1-rc1, at the top of each static page, except the home page, it says,
The requested page could not be found (404). This is the default page.

The class for the message is "content_msg". Installation Integrity is all green.

I have my home page set as the frontpage of Serendipity, and also as the 404 error page. These settings have been the same for years.

I'm performing display:"none" on the message temporarily, but would rather fix it the right way.

User avatar
onli
Regular
 
Posts: 2072
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Postby onli » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:51 am

Do you run the newest version of the staticpage-plugin? Make sure your spartacus download location is not set to netmirror.

HiCotN
Regular
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:12 am

Postby HiCotN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Onli !
We're on to something. I checked the staticpage plugin first.

You were correct, my staticpage plugin is 4.09 whereas the newest version on s9y.org is 4.15. When clicking the "update plugin" button, the following message appears in red:
Your browser did not sent a valid HTTP-Referrer string. This may have either been caused by a misconfigured browser/proxy or by a Cross Site Request Forgery (XSRF) aimed at you. The action you requested could not be completed.


Next I looked at the Spartacus settings. You were right again. "File/Mirror location (XML metadata)" is set to Netmirror.org. And "File/Mirror location (files)" is set to Netmirror.org. It warns of not changing these settings unless I know what I'm doing...so I wanted to verify with you which settings they should be on?

User avatar
onli
Regular
 
Posts: 2072
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Postby onli » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Set it to github. That is just to be sure the update can be found, there were some issues with netmirror lately.

The XSRF-error is a known error in the RC-1. https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/comm ... 2f8c87b305 is the commit showing the patch, it is one line that would need to be changed. Sorry about that.

HiCotN
Regular
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:12 am

Postby HiCotN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:55 pm

So first I applied the commit changes, and it did eliminate the XSRF-error, although when checking for updates, none were found.

Then I changed the two Spartacus settings from Netmirror to Github. Then ran "check updates" again. Success, four updates found.

I removed my display:none from the class content_msg and appears on first testing that the error message has also been fixed!

Thank you!

[email protected]
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Postby [email protected] » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Ha, now I have this message after upgrading to 2.1.1. I'm not using the staticpage plugin....



Return to Installation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests