Board index Installation [2.0.4] Autoupdater performing no action

Having trouble installing serendipity?
HiCotN
Regular

Postby HiCotN » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:00 pm

When clicking on "Start Automatic Upgrade", I'm taken to the below URL but nothing happens. All that is on screen in the top and side navigation. Any known issues that cause this?

...../serendipity_admin.php?serendipity[adminModule]=event_display&serendipity[adminAction]=update

HiCotN
Regular

Postby HiCotN » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:56 am

Anybody have any ideas? Checked again today. Nothing happens when clicking the Auto Update button.

yellowled
Regular

Postby yellowled » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:29 am

There was an issue with the auto updater related to checksums, see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20883. But that is definitely fixed by now. Did you try again since posting here first?

Other than that, it is hard to diagnose without any error messages. Do have or can you get access to your webspaces/servers error.log?

YL

HiCotN
Regular

Postby HiCotN » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:40 am

Clicking on Start Automatic Upgrade produced the following error. Currently using 2.1-rc1 and PHP 5.6.30. I know how to upgrade manually but wanted to give the auto feature a try.

== ERROR-REPORT (BETA/ALPHA-BUILDS) ==
Warning: ZIP extension has not been compiled or loaded in php. in /home/my_site/public_html/plugins/serendipity_event_autoupdate/serendipity_event_autoupdate.php on line 121.
For more details set $serendipity['production'] = 'debug' in serendipity_config_local.inc.php to receive a stack-trace.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Warning: ZIP extension has not been compiled or loaded in php.' in /home/my_site/public_html/plugins/serendipity_event_autoupdate/serendipity_event_autoupdate.php:121
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: errorToExceptionHandler(512, ' ZIP extension ...', '/home/my_site...', 121, Array)
#1 /home/my_site/public_html/plugins/serendipity_event_autoupdate/serendipity_event_autoupdate.php(121): trigger_error(' ZIP extension ...', 512)
#2 /home/my_site/public_html/include/plugin_api.inc.php(1139): serendipity_event_autoupdate->event_hook('backend_sidebar...', Object(serendipity_property_bag), Array, NULL)
#3 /home/my_site/public_html/serendipity_admin.php(198): serendipity_plugin_api::hook_event('backend_sidebar...', Array)
#4 {main}
thrown in /home/my_site/public_html/plugins/serendipity_event_autoupdate/serendipity_event_autoupdate.php on line 121

garvinhicking
Core Developer

Postby garvinhicking » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 am

Hi!

The autoupgrade function requires the "php-zip" extension, which is usually enabled in default PHP7 installs, but isn't in your environment. Are you allowed to enable this extension through your hoster?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

HiCotN
Regular

Postby HiCotN » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Garvin!
I'm giggling inside because that worked perfect. That was my first time being able to do an auto upgrade instead of manual.

I use GoDaddy for hosting. Below are their defaults.

Are there any others besides ZIP that should be checked?
GoDaddy PHP extensions.PNG
GoDaddy PHP extensions.PNG (68.14 KiB) Viewed 258 times

thh
Regular

Postby thh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 pm

garvinhicking wrote:The autoupgrade function requires the "php-zip" extension, which is usually enabled in default PHP7 installs, but isn't in your environment.

Would it be feasible to check for that extension and abort the upgrade instead of throwing a PHP error?

onli
Regular

Postby onli » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:03 pm

thh
Regular

Postby thh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Return to Installation